OSE is looking for security trainers and educators to help create educational and awareness content for people directly impacted by domestic violence, shelter and safe house personnel, public safety, and internal to the organization.
What the role looks like
- This position reports to the education and awareness team lead, and will receive direction and orientation from the same
- The volunteer will research and outline content for team lead review, then develop educational or awareness content
- Creativity is highly valued by Operation Safe Escape, so new formats or methods are always considered
- Generally, the volunteer will use the format they are most comfortable with depending on the needs of the audience and organization. This may include eLearning, written content, recorded videos, or other formats
What we’re looking for
- A passionate do-gooder. Our organization consists entirely of folks who offer up their time & effort to the betterment of others so we’d like more of the same.
- Experience in adult learning and education concepts
- Experience in one or more security domains is preferred, which may include cybersecurity, physical security, privacy, opsec, etc
- Experience creating educational content in any format, which may include printed material, animation, videos, etc
- Experience working with domestic violence organizations, or other advocacy organizations is preferred
Education and Awareness
Training and instruction
Security domain experience
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Operation Safe Escape does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations, to include recruitment of volunteers.
Please note that all volunteer position requiring protected area access require a full background check.