What: Operation Safe Escape DV Safety and Security Conference Call for Papers
When: January 21 and 22, 2022. The Call for Papers will close on October 15, 2021. Successful proposals will be contacted by November 15.
How: Complete the below form or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Speaking Formats are: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, workshop
Thank for your interest in presenting at the 2022 Domestic Violence Safety and Security Conference. This conference is unique because it brings important security and safety concepts to an audience that needs to hear it, but rarely does.
The target audience for this conference are primarily DV shelter and safe house staff, advocates, legal aid staff, and other allies responsible for helping vulnerable individuals stay safe.
Here’s the problem that we’re trying to solve: the target audience is, on the whole, amazing at what they do. They’ve spent years learning to be more effective and provide the critical services that they do. The problem is that they generally don’t come from a security background and are often not getting the best resources to protect themselves, their employees, and their clients. In many cases, individuals only receive an hour or less of security fundamental (online) training a year.
This conference is intended to help bridge the knowledge gap that currently benefits the abusers and other adversaries.
Tips for a successful submission:
- Think about the experience level and needs of the intended audience, and tailor your presentation to them
- Be as complete, accurate, and thorough as possible in your description
- Reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions
- A completed slide deck, if a slide deck will be used, is due for review no later than January 1, 2022
- An abstract and biography is due no later than December 20, 2021. A picture is optional but encouraged
- In order to remain on schedule, please ensure that your talk ends on time
- Please inform us if you have any special requirements or will be showing videos
CFP Submission Form
By submitting this form, you consent to being contacted by Operation Safe Escape solely for the purpose of discussing your proposal. We will not sell, trade, or otherwise share your contact information without your express permission.